AMP® 300-Watt Slim Line LED Transformer
Low-profile, professional grade landscape lighting 300 Watt transformer with stainless steel housing for small to large, low voltage landscape lighting systems.
- Product Code
Low-profile transformer with easy-to-use clamp-type connectors. Patent pending.Read More
AMP® 300 Watt Slim Line LED Transformer | Low Voltage Landscape Lighting
This low-profile transformer breaks ground in simplicity of installation and control.
The clamp-type terminal blocks are impressively easy to use - taking seconds to connect - compared to the time for standard terminal blocks. Just insert the stripped wire and close the clamp!
Additionally available (sold separately) is the AMP® newly designed timer/photocell combination. When installed, it is visible through the housing window and can be set for simple dusk-to-dawn operation, or set to turn off after a certain number of hours. Photocell sensitivity may limit transformer placement. This timer is a removable module - easily replaced.
The Slim Line Transformers have an easily removable, tool-less grommet to replace the metal knock-outs of traditional transformers. Traditional knock-outs required tools and were difficult to remove. The grommets on the new Slim Line Transformers are removed easily and can be replaced if necessary.
The Slim Line Transformer is all you need for any small to large (up to 300W) AMP® LED system with no voltage loss.
Features & Benefits:
- Heavy-duty stainless steel construction with lockable hinged lid.
- Listed for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Toroidal core for reliable, efficient, cooler and quieter operation.
- Low-profile housing for easier mounting and concealment.
- Clamp-connects for easy, fast, and secure connections. Takes up to 10-gauge wire.
- 60" 18 AWG SJTW water resistant cord and plug set.
- Designed for AMP ®LED fixtures and systems.
- ETL listed.
- Patent Pending.
- Lifetime warranty.
For Your Information: Transformer Technology
Magnetic Transformers. There are two types. These vary by the type of core:
- Laminated/stacked cores (also know as EI type). Laminated or stacked windings have sheets wrapped in copper wire that are then stacked or laminated together to make a core. This is the more common, less expensive method for manufacturing a core. These are less efficient, run hotter and are noisier than toroidal cores.
- Toroidal cores. These are one solid unit shaped like a donut and have the windings wrapped around the donut, in and out of the donut hole. Toroidal cores are more efficient, experience less buzz, and run cooler but are more expensive to make.
What are Electronic Transformers?
This transformer type converts the 120-volt current to 12 volts by first increasing the frequency of the current (from 60 Hz to as high as 20,000 Hz). The increased frequency allows the use of a miniature core enabling the transformer to be very small, light, and inexpensive. The biggest downside is that their high-frequency current may not be compatible with LED circuits. These currents also suffer from extensive voltage loss compared to magnetic types. A 12-volt electronic transformer must be positioned within about 10 ft. of the fixture. Electronic transformers are also subject to overheating and premature failure.
- Non-brushed 304 stainless steel with removable cover
- Stainless Steel
- 60″ Black SJTW Water Resistant VW-1 OR FT1 105° C 300V 18AWGX3C UE-321
- 12V & 15V
- Up to 10 gauge wire
- Secondary: (1) xA Magnetic Circuit Breakers; Primary: Automatic (auto reset) Thermal Breaker in core
- ETL Listed
- 15.33″ height 5.5″ width 3.70″ depth
Returns & Exchanges
There are no shipping charges applied to Returns and Exchanges - AMP® covers them all - both ways!*
All AMP® orders receive free UPS ground shipping within the continental U.S.
Additional expedited shipping options will be offered at checkout.
3 Shipping Locations, 3 Days or Less
Southeast Distribution Center
(Orders placed by 5pm ET ship same day).
Serves: FL, GA, AL, MS, LA, TX, AR, MO, TN, KY, NC, SC, ND, MN
Northeast Distribution Center
(Orders placed by 5pm ET ship same day).
Serves: PA, OH, MI, IN, IL, WI, IA, WV, VA, PA, MD, DE, NJ, CT, RI, MA, NH, NY, VT, ME
West Coast Distribution Center
(Orders placed by 5pm PT ship same day).
Serves: NV, CA, AZ, NM, OK, KS, CO, UT, NE, SD, MT, WY, ID, OK, WA
Get your orders faster with AMP®. Most customers will receive their orders in less than 48 hours from purchase! ALL orders placed before 5pm Monday-Friday ship same-day (details above).
We require $1,000 USD order minimum (before shipping charges) on first time orders and a $500 USD order minimum (before shipping charges) on all future orders with an established account.
The recipient of an international shipment is responsible for any import taxes, duties, and any additional fees levied by the destination country. We have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country. Contact your local customs office for further information. When custom clearance procedures are required it can cause further delays in shipment. Due to high shipping costs/duties. International customers are responsible for shipping on warrantied replacements, returns, and/or exchanges.
***International rules apply to Canada. For all orders being shipped outside the U.S. and Canada, the customer must place the order by phone (not online); these orders require payment by wire transfer. Other rules may apply.
"No Hassle" Lifetime Warranty for Fixtures and Transformers*
All AMP® products are built to maintain optimal performance for a lifetime of outdoor use.
Regardless of environmental conditions, AMP® products resist corrosion and become more beautiful as they age.
These products are also extremely durable; they will not chip or peel, bend or break - perfect for both residential and commercial properties.
AMP® Lighting proudly claims the industry's best warranty.
* Lifetime warranty applies to brass fixtures only, aluminum fixtures carry 5-year warranty. Lifetime warranty for transformer core and housing; five year warranty on electrical components.View Individual Product Warranties.