AMP® 100-Watt Slim Line LED Transformer
100W capacity with single 15V output to simplify LED installations. Clamp-type connections - fast, easy, and robust. Stainless steel cabinet with hinged lockable door. Easy-to-set modular timer for sunset-to-sunrise operation, or for set-hours after sunset are additional options. Magnetic toroidal core. Lifetime Warranty, ETL Listed.
AMP® 100 Watt Slim Line LED Transformer | Low Voltage Landscape Lighting
This low-profile transformer breaks ground in simplicity of installation and control.
The clamp-type terminal blocks are impressively easy to use - taking seconds to connect - compared to the time for standard terminal blocks. Just insert the stripped wire and close the clamp!
Additionally available (sold separately) is the AMP® newly designed timer/photocell combination. When installed, it is visible through the housing window and can be set for simple dusk-to-dawn operation, or set to turn off after a certain number of hours. Photocell sensitivity may limit transformer placement. This timer is a removable module - easily replaced.
The Slim Line Transformers have an easily removable, tool-less grommet to replace the metal knock-outs of traditional transformers. Traditional knock-outs required tools and were difficult to remove. The grommets on the new Slim Line Transformers are removed easily and can be replaced if necessary.
To make the transformer slimmer, lighter, and simpler-to-install, we eliminated unnecessary voltage taps. Instead, the single 15V tap replaces having to choose among 12V, 13V, and 14V. The Slim Line Transformer is all you need for any small to medium sized (up to 100W) AMP® LED system with no voltage loss.
- Heavy-duty stainless steel construction with lockable hinged lid.
- Listed for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Toroidal core for reliable, efficient, cooler and quieter operation.
- Low-profile housing for easier mounting and concealment.
- Clamp-connects for easy, fast, and secure connections. Takes up to 10-gauge wire.
- 60" 18 AWG SJTW water resistant cord and plug set.
- Designed for AMP ®LED fixtures and systems.
- ETL listed.
- Patent pending.
- Lifetime warranty.
For Your Information: Transformer Technology
Magnetic Transformers. There are two types. These vary by the type of core:
- Laminated/stacked cores (also know as EI type). Laminated or stacked windings have sheets wrapped in copper wire that are then stacked or laminated together to make a core. This is the more common, less expensive method for manufacturing a core. These are less efficient, run hotter and are noisier than toroidal cores.
- Toroidal cores. These are one solid unit shaped like a donut and have the windings wrapped around the donut, in and out of the donut hole. Toroidal cores are more efficient, experience less buzz, and run cooler but are more expensive to make.
What are Electronic Transformers?
This transformer type converts the 120-volt current to 12 volts by first increasing the frequency of the current (from 60 Hz to as high as 20,000 Hz). The increased frequency allows the use of a miniature core enabling the transformer to be very small, light, and inexpensive. The biggest downside is that their high-frequency current may not be compatible with LED circuits. These currents also suffer from extensive voltage loss compared to magnetic types. A 12-volt electronic transformer must be positioned within about 10 ft. of the fixture. Electronic transformers are also subject to overheating and premature failure.