AMP® 100-Watt Slim Line LED Transformer
AMP® 100 Watt Slim Line LED Transformer | Low Voltage Landscape Lighting
This low-profile transformer breaks ground in simplicity of installation and control.
The clamp-type terminal blocks are impressively easy to use - taking seconds to connect - compared to many minutes of frustrating work for standard terminal blocks. Just insert the stripped wire and close the clamp!
Next, an AMP® innovation, a newly designed timer/photocell combination. Visible through the housing window, this timer can be set for simple dusk-to-dawn operation, or set to turn off after a certain number of hours. The photocell is built into the timer. This timer is a removable module - easily replaced.
The Slim Line Transformers have an easily removable, tool-less grommet to replace the metal knock-outs of traditional transformers. Traditional knock-outs required tools and were difficult to remove. The grommets on the new Slim Line Transformers are removed easily and can be replaced if necessary.
To make the transformer slimmer, lighter, and simpler-to-install, we eliminated unnecessary voltage taps. Instead of having to choose among 12V, 13V, 14V, and so on, you just use the single 15V tap. That's all you need for any small to medium sized (up to 100W) AMP LED system. No need to worry about voltage loss.
Features & Benefits:
- Designed for AMP ®LED bulbs and fixtures.
- Toroidal core for more reliable, efficient, cooler and quieter operation than EI laminated types.
- Low-profile housing for easier mounting and concealment.
- Includes modular timer with built-in photocell and simple settings - easy to set-up.
- Clamp-type wire connectors for easy, fast, and secure connections. Takes up to 12-gauge wire.
- Stainless steel enclosure with lockable hinged lid.
- ETL Listed
- Lifetime warranty on core and enclosure | Other Electrical Components - 5 years
For Your Information: Transformer Technology
Magnetic Transformers. There are two types. These vary by the type of core:
- Laminated/stacked cores (also know as EI type). Laminated or stacked windings have sheets wrapped in copper wire that are then stacked or laminated together to make a core. This is the more common, less expensive method for manufacturing a core. These are less efficient, run hotter and are noisier than toroidal cores.
- Toroidal cores. These are one solid unit shaped like a donut and have the windings wrapped around the donut, in and out of the donut hole. Toroidal cores are more efficient, experience less buzz, and run cooler but are more expensive to make.
What are Electronic Transformers?
This transformer type converts the 120-volt current to 12 volts by first increasing the frequency of the current (from 60 Hz to as high as 20,000 Hz). The increased frequency allows the use of a miniature core enabling the transformer to be very small, light, and inexpensive. The biggest downside is that their high-frequency current may not be compatible with LED circuits. These currents also suffer from extensive voltage loss compared to magnetic types. A 12-volt electronic transformer must be positioned within about 10 ft. of the fixture. Electronic transformers are also subject to overheating and premature failure. For all these reasons, AMP® only uses electronic transformers for indoor lights such as under-cabinet and strip lighting.
- Non-brushed 304 stainless steel with removable cover
- Stainless Steel
- 60″ black 18 AWG SJTW cord and plug set
- Up to 12 gauge wire
- Secondary: (1) xA Magnetic Circuit Breakers; Primary: Automatic (auto reset) Thermal Breaker in core
- Includes removable modular timer with settings: On; Off; Dusk-to-Dawn; 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10 Hrs. after Dusk. Photocell embedded in timer.
- ETL Listed
- 14.40″ height 5.27″ width 3.70″ depth
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about AMP® 100-Watt Slim Line LED Transformer:
The first one I got was set dusk to dawn worked for one day then then wouldn't come on the following night so I returned it for a new one... installed the new one dusk till dawn came on at 6.00 in the morning then shut off in 10 minutes later...will be returning...done with this transformer...
Returns & Exchanges
There are no shipping charges applied to Returns and Exchanges - AMP® covers them all - both ways!*
All AMP® orders receive free UPS ground shipping within the continental U.S.
Additional expedited shipping options will be offered at checkout.
3 Shipping Locations, 3 Days or Less
Southeast Distribution Center
(Orders placed by 5pm ET ship same day).
Serves: FL, GA, AL, MS, LA, TX, AR, MO, TN, KY, NC, SC, ND, MN
Northeast Distribution Center
(Orders placed by 5pm ET ship same day).
Serves: PA, OH, MI, IN, IL, WI, IA, WV, VA, PA, MD, DE, NJ, CT, RI, MA, NH, NY, VT, ME
West Coast Distribution Center
(Orders placed by 5pm PT ship same day).
Serves: NV, CA, AZ, NM, OK, KS, CO, UT, NE, SD, MT, WY, ID, OK, WA
Get your orders faster with AMP®. Most customers will receive their orders in less than 48 hours from purchase! ALL orders placed before 5pm Monday-Friday ship same-day (details above).
We require $1,000 USD order minimum (before shipping charges) on first time orders and a $500 USD order minimum (before shipping charges) on all future orders with an established account.
The recipient of an international shipment is responsible for any import taxes, duties, and any additional fees levied by the destination country. We have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country. Contact your local customs office for further information. When custom clearance procedures are required it can cause further delays in shipment. Due to high shipping costs/duties. International customers are responsible for shipping on warrantied replacements, returns, and/or exchanges.
***International rules apply to Canada. For all orders being shipped outside the U.S. and Canada, the customer must place the order by phone (not online); these orders require payment by wire transfer. Other rules may apply.
"No Hassle" Lifetime Warranty for Fixtures and Transformers*
All AMP® products are built to maintain optimal performance for a lifetime of outdoor use.
Regardless of environmental conditions, AMP® products resist corrosion and become more beautiful as they age.
These products are also extremely durable; they will not chip or peel, bend or break - perfect for both residential and commercial properties.
AMP® Lighting proudly claims the industry's best warranty.
* Lifetime warranty applies to brass fixtures only, aluminum fixtures carry 5-year warranty. Lifetime warranty for transformer core and housing; five year warranty on electrical components.View Individual Product Warranties.